What We Offer
Stellar Robotics offers programs for junior high and high school age students through the FIRST® organization in two possible categories:
Membership on a Stellar Robotics high school or junior high team includes the following requirements:
- parent or guardian support/volunteerism
- There is no limit to the number of students who can participate.
Mentors/Coaches and Volunteers Needed
FIRST Robotics Competition Season
FRC pre-season begins in September and runs through December. Kick-off for the actual build season is the first non-holiday Saturday in January. Build season is six-eight weeks, and then we compete in March and April. Off-season activities, including some competitions, take place May-August.
FIRST Tech Challenge Season
The FTC season begins in August and runs through the fall. Some events may carry over into winter. In addition, when teams qualify, they may participate in the international championship event, which takes place in Detroit, MI in April of each year.
Other Program Details
- On and off field competition
- Scholarship opportunities (technical and non-technical fields)
- Team travel
- Intern possibilities
- Design, build, program, and operate a robot to compete in a head-to-head challenge in an alliance format
- public speaking
- web design